Monday, August 02, 2010

Moody me,

I think it's really stressful being in this family. It's tiring to live up to their expectations. I don't think they see the things I've sacrificed for them. They blinded by what they can only see. The thing about me is that I don't like to show them I care. It makes me disgusted. But in actual fact, they are really the most important people of my life. But I don't think they believe that I actually care. Honestly? I'm sick and tired of arguing with them. If they wanna think that way, fine. I'm really tired trying to explain to them the purpose of my actions. They just don't see how I have done so much for them, if they actually compare me to most people I know. Who, in this century, actually helps their parents with their office work, housework, or even bother to cancel their other plans to have a dinner or lunch with their parents? When I asked my mom if she has ever compared us to the kids of her friends'/siblings'. She said no, but rather, she compared us to herself when she was younger. She said when she was our age, she wouldn't talk back to her parents, unlike us who even dare to talk back to our teachers. The thing is, this is the new century. We are not as conservative as last time. We are now more daring to voice out our opinions to protect ourselves. And I'm not even talking about using words to attack people. At least I do think we should have the right to speak up on what is right and wrong, instead of being pushed around by adults who are trapped in the morals of the past. But no, I give up trying to talk back to my parents. They have the mind of a rock, unable to think flexible or change the way they thing. They think that being adults, they surely make the right choices that are beneficial to their children because they have 'experience with age'. Actually, I beg to differ. The world is changing constantly. What is the right thing to do previously could be wrong in the next second, and vice-versa. These parents, with mind like a rock, are not able to adapt to these changes. As I've said earlier, they are trapped in their past morals. They are not able to let go of what they believe in.
I give up on trying to talk back. I'm tired now.